Friday, June 23, 2006

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder


Taiwan-based Acer, best known as a maker of PC computers, has debuted an 8.28 MP digital camera, the CP-8660.

This is one butt-ugly camera. And I predict it won't win any design awards.

Still, its specs sound impressive for a point-and-shoot:

8.28 MP resolution
1/1.8" CCD image sensor
6X optical zoom
A 2 cm super macro mode
Anti-shake DSP
17 preset shooting modes suit any shooting situation
25 MB of internal memory
Secure Digital (SD) card compatibility
Video recording with 640 x 480 pixel resolution at 30 fps


There's no word on the price or when the camera will be available.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Erm, yeah, beauty must be in the eye of the beerholder indeed, since I don't see what the innovation is. The only thing I'm interested in is just *how* low "low-noise" actually is - I have an olympus e-500 atm with a 22.5mm sensor diagonal, and I'm not happy with the low-light results. I will be seriously impressed if they come true on this claim - and the thing doesn't fall apart after 3mins in use...

Azhar said...

It won't do very well, it has an impressive MP count, but non-prosumers i.e. consimers look for sleek design and coolness only, while only prosumers like me look for functionality. (Luckily for me the Sony R1 has a fantastic design and functionality :D)